On 09/04/2016 10:59, serge.stinckw...@gmail.com wrote:
Yes you are right. We have 2 students (3rd Year at University) here that have
been exposed only to C or Java and they are totally index-intoxicated ... They
can't reason on collections. Difficult for them to change their habits.

Sent from my iPhone

Surely learning Java now should not be index based - the for loop is enumerated and it has the filters maps etc. e.g. <http://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/java-8-explained-applying-lambdas-to-java-collections/>

(so bad teaching?) and C as a first language I would have thought not a good idea either.

--
Mark