Le 19/4/16 16:10, Tudor Girba a écrit :
The way I see it is that pathString can be anything that understands
asFileReference. This means:
- FileReference
- Path
- String
Indeed and we should write it in the comment.

Doru

On Apr 19, 2016, at 2:54 PM, stepharo <steph...@free.fr> wrote:

unzip: fullFileName to: pathString
    "Unzip the contents of the file specified by the full path name fullFileName to
the location given by pathString."

so we would expect to pass a string in the second argument?

the unique sender of it in the system

unzip: fullFileName
    "Unzip the contents of a gzipped file specified by its full file name to the
current working directory"

    ^ self unzip: fullFileName to: FileSystem disk workingDirectory

but the implementation seems to indicate that fullFileName is should be a
string as well as pathString

unzip: fullFileName to: pathString
    "Unzip the contents of the file specified by the full path name fullFileName to
the location given by pathString."

    | zipped buffer unzipped newName |
    newName := fullFileName copyUpToLast: FileSystem disk extensionDelimiter.
    pathString asFileReference ensureCreateDirectory.
    unzipped := FileStream newFileNamed: (pathString asFileReference / newName)
fullName.
    unzipped ifNil: [self error: pathString, ' looks incorrect'].
    [ unzipped binary.
    zipped := self on: (FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: fullFileName).
    buffer := ByteArray new: 50000.
    [zipped atEnd] whileFalse: [unzipped nextPutAll: (zipped nextInto: buffer)]]
        ensure: [
            zipped close.
            unzipped close].
    ^ newName

Am I correct to think that the comments are not really good enough?

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."