On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 9:28 AM, stepharo <steph...@free.fr> wrote:

> Le 7/6/16 à 12:00, Andrei Chis a écrit :
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 12:05 AM, Peter Uhnak <i.uh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Privacy>>sendDiagnosticsAndUsageData should be ternary, not binary.
>>
>> Because right now if I refuse sending the data I will be asked again
>> every single time.
>>

> Indeed right now, at least in Spotter, the notification is shown every
> time it is opened in
> a new image, even if the setting was explicitly set. It was done like this
> as a reminder,
> especially if you have the setting set to true.
>

> Andrei for the shortcut reporter we put a number of show. Like that the
> user will be reminder a number
> of times and the system will get calm. May be you could do the same

In a new image the message to send usage data is shown only once.
Indeed we could add a counter but that would have to maintain state between
images.

>> So the proper behavior (imho) should be:
>>
>> ask Privacy for the setting… if the setting is not defined, then show a
>> popup.
>> If the setting is defined then respect it and do not show another popup.
>>

> The current behaviour with showing the notification in Spotter and
> Nautilus should be a temporary one.
> Ideally we just need a single uniform way of showing this notification
> plus the option to control
> and see the data that each tool wants to record at a fined-grained level.
>

>> Also it would be nice to know what happens with the data.
>>

> We store it on a server and use it for various analyses.
>
> what can you tell us on processor use in Spotter.

Not right at this moment. I'm way to busy with other urgent things.
Some older results were discussed here:
http://scg.unibe.ch/scgbib?query=Kube15a&display=abstract
Just for these result to carry more value we still need more people to send
data.
Right now few do.

Cheers,
Andrei