On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:

> On 14 Jul 2016, at 23:49, Peter Uhnák <i.uh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Sven,
>
> What I am missing in the UI is some indication of the path that leads to
> the current selected file. Right now, I am wondering where exactly I am, I
> feel a bit lost (this is of course from the technical standpoint of a path
> in a tree). This could be done with a popup, a trail, a pop-over.
>
> I've added this couple of days ago (as I was missing this too), I just
> forgot to push the update to github (one downside compared to smalltalkhub
> :)).
>
> The only problem is that the image directory name is usually really long
> (the longest I have is 110 characters as it includes the build's name), so
> it doesn't exactly fit in.
> There is some shortening happening based on the window's width but it's
> not perfect.
>

> I had another look. Yes, this is cool.
>
> If you truncate, you could put the full, non truncated path in a pop over,
> that would be a cheap way to solve that problem, no ? In any case, in my
> testing there was enough space.

If Spec supports it, then it should be easy.

> Maybe also add a trailing / to indicate that it represents the directory
> and not the selection ?

Originally I wanted to make it bold, but again, Spec doesn't support Text
properly; trailing slash might be a compromise for now

> Also when I tested it, using
>
>  FDOpenFileDialog new openModal.
>
> the path is initially blank, it only fills when I start clicking.

That's a bug, I'll fix that.

> BTW, could it be that FDMorphicUIManager becomes default automatically ?

That seems quite aggressive, I don't feel it's stable enough… I could add
something like #load, and #loadDefault to the load script… but then you
might as well execute the beDefault. I'm not sure yet.

> And related to github filetree, what is the proper way to get a new
> version once you loaded the code ?

I don't know, but it should be the same as with any other (e.g.
smalltalkhub) project, since it's both monticello, no? I've never done
this, so I don't know. (Usually when I am updating I look at the individual
commits because I want to know what has changed.)

Peter