On 8/7/16 4:57 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
when I make certain syntax errors while editting a method the syntax highlighting goes all white on me ... I seem to recall that in the past the syntax highlighter would start showing red at the point of the syntax error ... and in this case the whole method is white and I have to guess where my error was --- attached a png --- I used to be able to depend upon the syntax highlighter to not only catch the syntax error (turning white indicates that the highlighter knows I made a booboo) but show me the point at which things stopped making sense ... ummatched brackets is pretty common and I would recognize that the brackets were mis-matched in the past ... now the whole thing goes white and I have to work much harder ...

Dale
Okay just adding a square bracket causes the syntax highlighter to surrender (png 1) and it used to ignore the bracket errors so I guess I see the point, but turning all white is not really helping me ... I think I'm annoyed because my habit was not to place a bracket at the point in the code where I want the block to start, then type in the body of the block and then at some point later figure out where the closing block should go ... now it appears that you **force** me to figure out where the closing bracket is going to go after you've turned the syntax highlighting off and before I can finish my thoughts ... I was not and am not annoyed by getting an unbalanced bracket error, but turning off syntax highlighting when I type the first bracket *is* annoying ...

Dale