I too think that selecting some arbitrary text should make it possible to do
useful things with it, like looking it up as class, method, ... - I like
Command-Click rather a lot for this.

In the last years, some panes where switched away from code panes, maybe that
does not help.

Apart from that, I think there should be an option to invoke Spotter directly
on a selection (or even auto select something and search).