Of course the saying goes "There are three types of lies: lies, damn
lies and statistics"
But assuming some estimate with no data is equally fallible.
Yes the committers list is obviously just "main developers" but
equally as I consider the
names on the Pharo About page, these are not drive-by one-bug-fix
contributors.

One significant difference between contributing to Pharo and
contributing to Python
is the additional barrier of entry to *stop* developing you
application and "invest the time
to learn the tool chain(s)(make, ReST, regrtest, svnmerge/svndiff,
sphinx, etc)" [1].

Python users are more likely to workaround an issue [2].  Whereas in
Pharo, the system comes
ready to debug by default.  Your workaround with Pharo is as likely to
change something in
core system code as change something in your app code.

[1] http://jessenoller.com/2010/04/22/why-arent-you-contributing-to-python
[2]
https://tech.blog.aknin.name/2010/04/23/why-dont-i-contribute-to-python-often/

cheers -ben