Hi Kilon,

> Actually we dont, I am using the terminal to get and build my own images.
> Curl + use of startup scripts are more than enough. Simply , easy and
> straightforward. Pharo offers a super easy way to export any method as a
> command line argument. So there is literally no excuse.
>
> Pharo already offers a metacello argument so you are set to go on
> installing anything you want through the terminal in your image and also
> offers evaluation of smalltalk code as argument. But I prefer startup
> scripts, I have made a startup script that can detect the name of images
> and install different packages to them, you can do insane things with
> startup scripts actually.

Yes, that looks pretty cool.

I still stick with Makefiles and command line Pharo to build images, in
part because when I run different projects, I can store inside the git of
the project (i.e. version them) both the squeleton of the build environment
and all the build instructions, instead of having to put a project-specific
startup script inside a settings directory shared among all projects.

But I certainly see the value of running the startup scripts in the image
in interactive mode, where it becomes a lot easier to debug them.

While running them on the command line is convenient too (make build,
switch to email, reply, come back when the build is done).

> you can find my build setup here
>
> https://github.com/kilon/makePharo

I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

Thierry