On 10/22/16 7:01 AM, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
I really like STON , even more than I like JSON. Very readable and easy to edit format. Very good idea, I would probably something similar but less more elegant.
This is why I'm threatening to create MetacelloProjectLoadSpec ... not to be elegant but to save you the work of creating such a beast on your own ... I really think there can be great advantages to have a sharable and customizable load spec object ...

You probably know this, but if you host the ston configurations files as you do in that link , Github gives you the ability to directly read files from inside a git repo without having to download it via its blob directory. So one could keep those ston config files in a repo in git and have access to it from any computer , any OS, of course under the condition he/she is connected to internet.
I have collected a number of the TDProjectEntry objects up on the GsDevKit_home project on the gh-pages branch and I a variant of the load command that works with an url:

  project load --url=http://gsdevkit.github.io/GsDevKit_home/Metacello.ston

That directly downloads form web ... I put things on disk, so that the developer can download the official object to a known location on disk and then edit/customize the object for her own use.

Then build scripts will use the object from the directory by default and each image shares the same custom load specification object.

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/tree/gh-pages

This trick is what I used for checking whether there is a new version of my project ChronosManager in my git repo. I added the latest version in the RELEASENOTES text file that is located on the top level repo which it compares with its internal versions (just a class variable) and if it finds it bigger it alerts the user for an update.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kilon/ChronosManager/master/RELEASENOTES.md
Ah yes, it would be much more convenient to get the load specification object directly from the project itself ...

Dale