I was trying just yesterday to do something super simple, change the
contents of Playground via code. I used the inspector to navigate , I ended
up running around and accomplish zero.

Bootstraping will never make Pharo easy. Bootstraping is for making it
smaller and more modular.  Completely different thing.

Pharo is super hard to hack because many of its APIs even for new tools
like GTPlayground are huge pile of mess. The spaggetification of the Pharo
image is beyond repair and needs a complete rewrite. But that is not going
to happen any time this decade or the next. So for now we will have to
compromise with the idea that Pharo code is hard and it will keep getting
harder the more features are added even if the packages are reduced.

On the other hand I am ok with hard code, as long as it gets the job done.

Plus there was always a bootstraped "Pharo", Cuis, Wanna see how minimal
and clean code looks like , take a deep look in Cuis, its a beauty. But
Cuis is nowhere near as popular as Pharo. People prefer features over
simplicity and , unfortunately , you cannot have both. I am willing to bet
that we will still choose big Pharos image even when bootstrap becomes a
reality. Its as if there is a lot of room to move here, most of the
libraries inside Pharo are crucial to the system, others are very useful
for user interaction.

Unless of course we follow the example of Cuis and decided to reduce the
features of Pharo, but I suspect that wont have many supporters.

So yes its nice to have this extra options, no it wont make Pharo code much
simpler.