> On 25 January 2017 at 16:02, Thierry Goubier <thierry.goub...@gmail.com>
>  wrote:
>
>> Yes, it goes a bit faster. But I stopped half way through the list: it is
>> tuned a lot slower than I'm used to with Morphic.
>

> Hehe :) Tuning is another story. Current implementation treats mouse wheel
> and trackpad in the same way, which should not be the case of course.

And you have to account a possible tuning for a touch screen as well...
I've made my tuning for the trackpad of my two laptops, more or less (a bit
oversensitive for the trackpad, but that makes the scrollwheel usable).

> Basically, If I compare the bloc class list to a Morphic class list
>> scrolling variable speed example, I really have to work out hard the scroll
>> wheel with Bloc... and, still, I'm not reaching the end of the list.
>

> I made a video comparison of 3 list implementations that display all
> smalltalk classes. I tried to scroll identically for all three cases and
> covered almost the same distance with mouse wheel:
> ​
>  Morphic-Bloc-Lists.mov
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-bMBVDOi3oTS1JqM01CY21PUmc/view?usp=drive_web>
> ​
> What morphic example did you use?

AltListTests exampleTree1. I'll try to show you side by side (but do I have
a scroll wheel at home? Not sure).

I've made a few irregular examples to test (20000 items, with a random text
size from small to very large). Illustrates mostly how slow is subpixel
display of text in Morphic.

> I would be also very very glad to know what DNUs and segfaults you get :)

DNU is: Instance of BlSDLEventHandler did not understand #bitOr:

(note, this is the user version of Bloc, not the developer one)

Regards,

Thierry