On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 6:18 PM, Tudor Girba <tu...@tudorgirba.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The solution we agreed upon was integrated since quite some time now.

Here is the last discussion I know of...
http://forum.world.st/when-Cmd-P-can-just-display-a-string-in-the-debugger-td4909831.html

> Try this:
> - type 42
> - press Cmd+p
> - press Cmd+p

<snip>

Stef, does that work for you?
One minor improvement could be leaving the inserted result unselected
and instead place the cursor to the left of the inserted result, ready to
type " equals: "

The inserted result doesn't need to remain selected to be easy to delete,
since the user could already have used <Backspace> to delete the popup.

cheers -ben