On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 15:44:59 +0100, Ben Coman <b...@openinworld.com> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 6:18 PM, Tudor Girba <tu...@tudorgirba.com> wrote:
Hi,

The solution we agreed upon was integrated since quite some time now.

Here is the last discussion I know of...
http://forum.world.st/when-Cmd-P-can-just-display-a-string-in-the-debugger-td4909831.html

Try this:
- type 42
- press Cmd+p
- press Cmd+p

<snip>

Stef, does that work for you?

Yes at least I do not have to remove "" all the time.

One minor improvement could be leaving the inserted result unselected
and instead place the cursor to the left of the inserted result, ready to type " equals: "

The inserted result doesn't need to remain selected to be easy to delete, since the user could already have used <Backspace> to delete the popup.

cheers -ben

Cheers,
Doru