> On 6 Feb 2017, at 15:21, Yuriy Tymchuk <yuriy.tymc...@me.com> wrote:
>
> Of course UUID is not guaranteed to be absolutely random. But it is
> suspicious these similarities happen is a small timeframe, so I think that
> the image got restarted a few times, but generated the same ID.

If you say a timestamp is more reliable in your use case, note that NeoUUID
contains a ms clock value, so it should not be possible that you get 2 similar
values for 2 distinct runs.

If you are limited to macOS/Linux one can always do

  '/dev/random' asFileReference binaryReadStreamDo: [ :in | in next: 8 ].

to get random bytes.