Hello!

This is my weekly ChangeLog, from 3 April 2017 to 9 April 2017.
You can see it in a better format by going here:
http://log.smallworks.eu/web/search?from=3/4/2017&to=9/4/2017

ChangeLog
=========

7 April 2017:
-------------

*    Fixed the small but annoying [issue
323](https://github.com/npasserini/iceberg/issues/323)
    (DNU when creating a local repository )

*    Today I'm working on [Iceberg](http://github.com/npasserini/iceberg).

    I fixed a bug on locating existing repositories for +gitlocal:+ Metacello
protocol, but most amusing,
    I added a new plugin: "Install Baseline", who allows you to install a
project from a baseline listed in
    "Packages" tab from repositories browser.

6 April 2017:
-------------

*    I worked a lot preparing the new deployment model for VMs.

    Basically, now it will be like this:

    * nightly builds will be still built by our CI (to produce test VMs)
    * latest VMs will be produced on opensmalltalk-vm, using blessed sources.
    * stable VMs will be promoted by me :)

    I'm thinking on change a bit this scheme, but for now it will work like
that.

    I finisged the
[OpenSmalltalk](http://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm) part, now I
need to adapt
    also [Pharo-Project](http://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm) (tomorrow).

    Then, we still need to fix one problem with a primitive... and we will be
good to go.

*    I worked on [case: 19921](https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19921), to
allow Athens to run fine on 64bits (linux).

5 April 2017:
-------------

*    I worked on +UnifiedFFI+, making sure different architectures of linux
(i386, x86_64) will have methods to
    find their libraries.

    In particular, I added: +#unix32ModuleName+ and +#unix64ModuleName+. Both
are redirecting to
    +#unixModuleName+ by default as a way to provide backward compatibility
(also, libraries could)
    be in same place in different architectures, like the case of libraries
distributed by ourselves
    (libgit2, libssl, libssh2, libsdl2).

4 April 2017:
-------------

*    I made some fixes on [Iceberg](https://github.com/npasserini/iceberg)...
in particular, this two issues:

    * [Issue 317](https://github.com/npasserini/iceberg/issues/317), which adds
the posibility of removing a package from FileSystem.
    * [Issue 319](https://github.com/npasserini/iceberg/issues/319), forcing
unix line endings to commit messages (as is required by git).

*    I fixed a problem when building the VM for Windows: thing is, as it was,
it was building cairo library without
    freetype support, so frameworks like Roassal to fail.

    Problem was that pkgconfig was failing to find correct version of
+freetype+ effectively letting it outside.

    I needed to change the build script (for Windows) to this:

    ----
        $(THIRDPARTYLIBDIR)/$(CAIROLIBNAME): $(CAIROARCHIVE)
                tar x -f $(CAIROARCHIVE) -C $(THIRDPARTYDIR)
                cd $(CAIRODIR) \
                        && ./configure \
                                --prefix="$(THIRDPARTYOUTDIR)" \
                                --host=i686-w64-mingw32 \
                                PKG_CONFIG="$(PKG_CONFIG)" \
                                PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$(PKG_CONFIG_PATH)" \
                                CFLAGS='$(THIRDPARTY_CFLAGS)
-I$(THIRDPARTYINCLUDEDIR) -march=pentium4' \
                                LDFLAGS='$(THIRDPARTY_LDFLAGS)
-L$(THIRDPARTYLIBDIR) -march=pentium4' \
                                FREETYPE_LIBS="-L$(THIRDPARTYLIBDIR) -lfreetype
-lz" \
                                FREETYPE_CFLAGS="-I$(THIRDPARTYINCLUDEDIR)
-I$(THIRDPARTYINCLUDEDIR)/freetype2" \
                                --disable-silent-rules \
                                --disable-xlib \
                                --disable-dependency-tracking \