Hi all,

I saw that there are a few issues about images saved on an operating system
not working when opened on other operating systems:
-
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19852/Unable-to-open-image-in-OSX-after-it-has-been-updated-in-Windows
-
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19869/Infinite-loop-on-mac-when-opening-an-image-saved-on-windows
-
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19272/Image-freezes-on-Linux-if-it-was-previously-saved-on-Windows
-
http://forum.world.st/Image-freezes-on-Linux-if-it-was-previously-saved-on-Windows-td4903258.html

I gave the fix in case 19869 a try and with it I can save an image on
windows and open it on mac, however, there are some side effects.
First several folders having the following name are created in the image
folder:

'\Users\andrei\test-image'
'\Users\andrei\test-image\pharo-local\'
'\Users\andrei\test-image\pharo-local\ombu-sessions'

Second, I can only open the image on man once. The second time I get the
following stack:

[31mPrimitiveFailed: primitive #createDirectory: in WindowsStore failed
[0mWindowsStore(Object)>>primitiveFailed:
WindowsStore(Object)>>primitiveFailed
WindowsStore(DiskStore)>>createDirectory:
WindowsStore(FileSystemStore)>>ensureCreateDirectory:
WindowsStore(FileSystemStore)>>ensureCreateDirectory:
WindowsStore(FileSystemStore)>>ensureCreateDirectory:
WindowsStore(FileSystemStore)>>ensureCreateDirectory:
WindowsStore(FileSystemStore)>>ensureCreateDirectory:
WindowsStore(FileSystemStore)>>ensureCreateDirectory:
FileSystem>>ensureCreateDirectory:
FileReference>>ensureCreateDirectory
OmSessionStore>>resetWithStoreNamed:
OmSessionStore>>resetWithNextStoreName
OmSessionStore>>store
WeakMessageSend>>value
WeakMessageSend>>cull:
WeakMessageSend>>cull:cull:
[ action cull: arg1 cull: announcer ] in
LegacyWeakSubscription(WeakAnnouncementSubscription)>>deliver: in Block: [
action cull: arg1 cull: announcer ]
BlockClosure>>on:do:
BlockClosure>>on:fork:
LegacyWeakSubscription(WeakAnnouncementSubscription)>>deliver:
[ tmp4 deliver: arg1 ] in SubscriptionRegistry>>deliver:to:startingAt: in
Block: [ tmp4 deliver: arg1 ]
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
SubscriptionRegistry>>deliver:to:startingAt:
SubscriptionRegistry>>deliver:to:
SubscriptionRegistry>>deliver:
SystemAnnouncer(Announcer)>>announce:
SystemAnnouncer>>announce:
SystemAnnouncer>>snapshotDone:
SessionManager>>snapshot:andQuit:
[0m

So it seems that OmSessionStore is not reset and holds a reference to a the
windows path which it tries to create.

Cheers,
Andrei