On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Tim Mackinnon <tim@testit.works> wrote:

> So does that mean we should use the Pharo5 vm for production then? It
> sounds like 6 is still a bit bleeding edge

There is probably no stability advantage in Pharo-5-32bit over
Pharo-6-32bit, and "6" will be supported longer.
There was no released Pharo-5-64bit for comparison IIUC Pharo-6-64bit is
"stable" but I guess as its adopted into more varied use and environments,
some issues may arise.  So use 6-64bit if you need its image size
capability, otherwise use 6-32bit (but still develop using 6-64bit to find
those outlying bugs more quickly and cover 6-32bit with CI testing)

cheers -ben

> and for production applications we should wait for 6.1?

What you want is for any bugs you find to be integrated into 6.1, so you
need to use 6.0 to find them ;)

cheers -ben