About tagging... It looks super ackward to me to tag EVERY commit with
"build information". Building does not mean releasing... I prefer the other
way around: we tag builds with commit information. Like that we know how to
reproduce the build.

I'm ok with tagging build artifacts by explicitly saying "this is BUILD
#X", which is ~= from "this is RELEASE #X".

Moreover, before we needed to store ALL versions of the image because that
was the way we versionned the system. Now, every commit in the #development
branch should be buildable (delta some bugs of course ;)). This means that
we can rebuild all images by just iterating the git history and building
from scratch. No need to store all images.

*Phone: *+33 06 52 70 66 13