Hi,

In general (you all know me), I have the policy of “do not go alien just
because” which means we do not need to reinvent the wheel all the time and we
need to stick with what is already there and known (I have pushed many changes
in pharo following this direction, iceberg being just the latest), but we need
to keep also the basis of what we are (which means: when we need to stay alien,
we need to embrace it too).

Said that: while I would LOVE to have a markdown compatible format, the amount
of effort put on pillar to make it *what we need* and is a format used not just
for doing README.md but to write books, etc., then replacing it would be
complicated.

but… I think we can do pillar syntax more “markdown alike” (and we can even
have a stripped-pillar with would be even more like md), I would salute such
change.

cheers,
Esteban