I do not see why this is a problem to have the launcher and Pharo.
The launcher is an App and Pharo another.
Yesterday the launcher crashed on Windows when I tried to pair program
with someone so we downloaded
the default Pharo version.
Why do we want to make things complex.

You want Pharo
- donwload it

You want to manage your pharo devs and access jenkins and other services
- use the launcher.

Stef