Hi Phil,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 12:54 PM, p...@highoctane.be <p...@highoctane.be>
 wrote:

> I have downloaded the https://github.com/pharo-
> project/pharo-vm/blob/master/opensmalltalk-vm/build.
> win32x86/pharo.cog.spur.lowcode/Pharo.exe.manifest and put it in the
> folder that contains the PharoLauncher Pharo.exe and then the pointers are
> correct again (they have their masking done correctly.

Good!

> So, there is a packaging issue somewhere for Pharo Windows VMs as
> downloaded by the Laucher.

Indeed, we must include the manifest files on Windows.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 12:45 PM, p...@highoctane.be <p...@highoctane.be>
wrote:

> Eliot,
>
> Thx for the pointer.
>
> No, there is no such file in the vm folder that is launching the Pharo
> Launcher nor is there one in the vms folders that are downloaded to run the
> various images started by the launcher.
>

> This manifest file is new to me. Where is it to be found and what does it
> do for Pharo?

It must lie alongside the .exe.  It's an XML file that specifies various
runtime environment settings for the executable.  i don't know all that it
can do, I just know that it does seem whether an application is highDpi
aware or not, and your bug report seems to point directly to this.  Here's
the manifest for Pharo:

Pharo.exe.manifest
<assembly
xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"
manifestVersion="1.0"
xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
<assemblyIdentity
version="1.0.0.0"
processorArchitecture="*"
name="www.mirandabanda.org.Cog.Pharo"
type="win32"
/>
<description>Pharo Smalltalk Virtual Machine</description>
<asmv3:application>
<asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="
http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings";>
<dpiAware>false</dpiAware>
</asmv3:windowsSettings>
</asmv3:application>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity
type="win32"
name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
version="6.0.0.0"
processorArchitecture="*"
publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
language="*"
/>
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
</assembly>

And that reminds me that they need to get updated to refer to
opensmalltalk.org!!

--
best, Eliot