> P.S. Then I bumped into "Toward Semantic Foundations for Program Editors"
> (https://arxiv.org/pdf/1703.08694.pdf)
> which was over my head but I guess it might be interesting to people working
> in UI area.

Interesting, and not that complex when you look at it in a greater
scheme of things (once you get past their complexity of incomplete
programs layer). However, some of the stuff seems hard to solve (all
of it is about finding what could fill the holes of an incomplete
program, according to your definition of what an incomplete program
is... their's is not Smalltalk's)

Once you have a theory about finding what could be in those holes,
then some of it can be solved elegantly.

And, in some theories, you have excellent results (i.e. formally
sound, and fast in practice) on determining what could be in the
holes.

Thanks for the link,

Thierry