Hi Esteban,

Le 09/06/2018 à 08:37, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :

On 9 Jun 2018, at 00:58, Sean P. DeNigris <s...@clipperadams.com> wrote:

Thomas Dupriez wrote
I got stuck countless times when
reading pharo code, because there was a message send to a variable I
didn't know the type of, so I couldn't know which method was being
called (because there were multiple methods with that name in the
system). So the only solution was to place a breakpoint and get that
method to be executed.

That is an interesting perspective. I usually browse senders. This almost*
always seems to work, except when the message selector is very generic and
reused in different contexts (e.g. #next)

then you can scope your senders. There are 99% of possibilities your message is
sent within the context of the class or package you are looking for.

Then a simple question is:

- how do you scope your senders of command?

A typical discovery / new user will do "senders of" first, and then discover the result is far too large.

Now, does he has to backtrack on its exploration, choose a scope and call 'senders of' again?

Thierry

Esteban

-----
Cheers,