> On 31 May 2019, at 08:18, Shaping <shap...@uurda.org> wrote:
>
> May I suggest that you ask clear questions if you want to engage nice people
> to help you.
>
> That sounds reasonable.  Which questions weren’t clear?

The first one where you were reported something I still cannot understand.

> Now we as a community will not use Monticello/smalltalkhub anymore
>
> Then officially Monticello is deprecated?

Yes

> We are all moving to git and iceberg is really nicely working. Iceberg will
> get a bit more love in the future in Pharo 80.
>
> I’m looking forward to it.
>
> Now we spent around 1.5 years to build it and the 450 pharo packages are
> managed with Iceberg
> and many other projects so it works. We will probably improve iceberg again.
>

> We will try to make sure that we can still load MC package but since MC
> package are merely
> zipped files you will be able to load them by loading the st file.
>
> Or should we just organize MC/zipping/unzipping abilities under Iceberg, and
> call it the one-stop source management tool for Pharo and all Smalltalks that
> want to interact with it?  Is that the slow drift?

        No.
        Use iceberg and tonel format.

> Now this is not Pharo fault if you load a project that did not create a
> stable version of Pharo7.0.
>
> Sure, but I’m crashing the VM, not hurting any project’s code in the image.

        This is another problem and we really to understand and see how we can
fix it.

> If a baseline says “load latest version” then why iceberg would load only
> Pharo 70 version?
>
> I don’t recall the “load latest version” qualifier.

        There is none this is the default in git.

> So now you can get frustrated and confused.
> But did you read the booklet on how to manage code in Pharo70?
> books.pharo.org <http://books.pharo.org/>
>
> Which book are you referring to here?

        I will let you guess. :)

> Did you check the wiki and the documentation?
>
> Yes, some.  I’m thinking it’s Smalltalk and shouldn’t be that hard in any
> case.   But there is a lot of Git here, and that is complicating things
> somewhat.

        sure it is but it also give us
                visibility
                scalability
                branch
                less foreign from other dev

        and monticello was a good soldier but it should rest now.