Hi - I’m rather confused reading your thread as it’s not clear what you’re
doing.

Using iceberg - I typically see the normal loading progress bars for long
operations on the top left of the screen - often they stack below one another
to show nested operations (aside: they are a bit ugly - but it’s a consistent
metaphor across Pharo). I get them when loading, pulling, pushing, diffing etc.
Do you not see them?

Back to your version question - what baseline are you loading from a repo? A
specific example might help.

If i were to load Exercism as an example - the following page describes how to
upgrade to a specific version of the baseline in the repo.

Eg latest vs v0.2.3

https://github.com/exercism/pharo-smalltalk/blob/master/docs/UPGRADE.md

This describes how to do it in the playground - as versions are actually loaded
by metacello - and Iceberg builds on top of it to route things via git and make
use of version tags etc, and it then gives the push/pull/commit operations.
(I’m probably describing this badly - but I suspect the confusion is in here
for you).

Having loaded your particular baseline (the code tagged as v2.0.3 for example),
Iceberg will let you compare it to other branches - or hash versions in git.

But typically, libraries you use will give you a playground script that
specifies a stable version - you eval that in your playground and those
libraries will then appear in your image (and also in Iceberg).

For your project - you can formalise those dependencies by creating your own
baseline that references those scripts as well.

But maybe you can describe better what you are doing and we can unpick what is
happening.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone