It is really difficult to work with these, and it's been like that for
a long time (I remember these issues with Pharo 3 and 4).
Or at least with GLORP Proxies (I don't know if those you're working
with are any different).

I put a breakpoint in the Proxy to find what was triggering it and the
breakpoint was ignored. I put `1 halt` and my image hung.
Pressed Alt+. and the fireworks started. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Esteban A. Maringolo