FWIW, Dolphin has an interesting approach to this kind problem.  As the
image loads, it creates a session manager.  There is a hierarchy of such
classes for GUI and headless systems.  GUI session managers take care of
creating and showing the app's main window.

I asked a similar question not long ago, and Andreas consisely
explained that Squeak just runs, and it picks up where it left off after
an image save.  I'm genuinely uncertain which is better, but Dolphin
seems to have some advantages as a result of the formalism.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bsch...@anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 273-6785
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> stephane.duca...@inria.fr 1/9/2009 3:43 PM >>>
Yes but gwenael needs to know when the image is headless from the
image if it was launched as headless.

stef