Hi

> First of all, I did not authored this change. David did it. I guess
> this was a request emanated by a bunch of people.

Yes.

> Personally, the only reason why I am happy with the auto-focus, is by
> pressing Cmd-T to run tests. I find this quite convenient to simply
> accept a method, then move the moose to the column and press Cmd-T,
> without clicking.

yes.
Another scenario from Stef:
Having a method selected in the method list, going with the mouse button to the
first
column while having selected the hierarchy button and press key up or down to
conveniently browse the same method in super- or subclasses.

> Although I do not see a scenario where auto-focus is
> a real problem, I do understand that David made an arbitrary decision
> without much consultation. Sorry about that. So, what do we do?

Well, I did some "consultation" with Gary and Stef.
But they left the decision to me, so I "decided" to be it like that for the
moment to
see how people react.
I don't mind to, as Gary suggested, introduce yet another preference (there are
already two related to this "auto-focus") saying whether one wants to ignore
the
mouseClickForKeyboardFocus preference in the browser's columns, although I
personally
think that such a preference is not needed as I can't imagine that this
auto-focus
for columns gets into the way too often (if at all).
But if people want me to add such a pref, fine by me.

I don't think we want to start a much ado about nothing discussion about this
small
change. ;)

David