Hi Bill,

> Commands are a decoupling that allow the GUI to control how things get
> processed while allowing individual tools to control what happens when
> commands are processed.  It's not direct, but it correct.

I agree with you here.
But see, this change is not really about commands. Alex gave you an example
where
this change is useful in the context of commands. But this was not the
motivating
example for me to do this change, I was not even aware that it could also be
useful
in Alex' scenario involving commands.
The scenario I had in mind does not really employ commands at all, but basic
keyboard
actions like key up, key down (see my first mail in this thread). Maybe you can
look
at those as commands too, but the action they perform is certainly dependent on
the
view in which they are meant to happen.

So there is more behind this than just "easing" the execution of commands.

David