Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>> over a period of years of maintenance and incremental development;
>>>
>> When I fully joined the squeak community, who was running the release
>> team? Yes it was exactly the same guys as are the pharo team, namely
>> Stef, and Marcus.
>>

> booooohhhhh we are the "vilain".....

I didn't say that.

I was apparently being told that I shouldn't criticise you because you
are the "champions of the new way" and that the old squeak days were far
worse. When in actual fact from my perspective the old old squeak days
are irrelevant (I was using ST/X) and the recent-old squeak days were
run by you, so you are not "champions of a new way" after all, you are
champions of "your way", which is the same way that you did 3.9, but
with less stake holders.

I am not saying that "your way" is villainous. I am saying that it is a
complete straw man to use the "old old ways" of the past to justify how
wonderful "your way" is, when actually "your present way" is just the same,

Keith