Hi Stef,

2009/7/14 Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.duca...@inria.fr>:
> Hi estaban
[SNIP]

>> As a side note, I downloaded the latest Cuis image from
>> http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html
>> , and its amazingly fast.

> As a side note. We do not consider ourselves in competition with Cuis.
> We integrated more than 1500 bug fixes and improvements (pragmas,
> closure compiler, traits....) and even more if we consider the version
> used in Cuis.

I know you're not competition, just put the example as a comparison of
how fast a minimum image can run on actual hardware.

I know Pharo is a superior alternative, with not only speed in mind.
And I like its objective.

> We support truetype fonts and we are cleaning the system, when the
> cruft will be removed we will probably focus on making it faster.

I understand, it just surprised me that an alpha release was such
slow, as somebody said below its simple dissuasive to "give Pharo a
try now it's alpha" and find that.

> We are rewriting Package info from scratch.
> Now it takes time but feel free to join.

I hope to contribute with something, even if it's just a bug report/fix.

Regards,

--
Esteban.