On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.duca...@inria.fr
> wrote:

> Why?
> Because you can script your visualization and try all kind of them.
> Mondrian a visualisation engine.
> Soon with lumiere developed by fernando you will be able to script 3d
> objects.

Because the tools I'm working on are more geared more towards
live editing of classes and object method dictionaries than modeling and
visualization.

 For example, if a circle represents a class's method dictionary, you can
right click on it to see the list of messages associated with its
CompiledMethods.  Then you can right click on any of the CompiledMethods to
bring up an editor, and alter the contents of the method, recompile, and the
relationships will change accordingly.  Similarly, you can reorganize
methods by dragging and dropping them into different classes, etc.

The design and structure of Mondrian makes it terribly difficult to produce
that sort of interface without doing as much work as it would to just write
it from scratch :)

Dave