Laurent,

you might want to have a look at SqueakSave

  http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/projects/squeaksave/index.html

an object-relational (O/R) mapping framework. It looks similar to the
rails ActiveRecord framework (from what I have seen so far) so it
might be fine in scenarios where you absolutely want a relational
database.

A bit older:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5024583807516452190&hl=en#