2010/2/23 Torsten Bergmann <asta...@gmx.de>

> >So you are educating them....
> >Frankly I stopped trying long time ago.
>
> No, I just tell them what I think is necessary to move forward.
> Other may be more educated here, it is just sharing MHO so others
> can to form an own opinion.

Your mail is excellent and show very well the advantages of work with
Metacello.

When I read the first article about Metacello don't figured out is power
until I invested some
time to learn it and developed some "ConfigurationOf..." and currently I
think is an
invaluable tool that help to put Pharo/Squeak at the "next level" :)

> Let's use our energy to move forward and (if possible) share as much
> knowledge and code as long as parts of our communities overlap.
>
> I therefore would really like to see a common exchange mechanism used
> on both sides.
>
> I'm sure I'm not able to convince one or the other to use package
> systems like Metacello but at least I hope to make them think about
> the need of a more modular system.

Package systems are needed to professional development and I think that
Metacello is a very good tool. I'm happily using it.

Germán.