On Mar 3, 2010, at 16:53 , Yanni Chiu wrote:

> Isn't readability a matter of taste, or were experiments done?

Indeed. As long as we don't carry out usability studies, we don't know what is
better and we have to resort to personal taste. When I said "I don't like x" I
also meant "I find it is less readable". Yanni gives a good argument below.

In any case, I don't want to start an endless discussion about formatting, but
I think it is interesting to get the different opinions to be able to come up
with a formatter that works for as many people as possible.

What we probably all agree on is that a common convention (or automatic
formatter) for code in PharoCore would improve readability in comparison to the
current situation in which we have all sorts of formatting.

Cheers,
Adrian