On Mar 21, 2010, at 19:50 , Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2010, at 3:46 PM, stephane ducasse wrote:
>
>> Mariano
>>
>> I was wondering (since we already removed a lot of the behavior related to
>> inMemory) if we could not remove is in
>>
>> traitNames
>>      "Answer a SortedCollection of all traits (not including class-traits)
>> names."
>>      | names |
>>      names := OrderedCollection new.
>>      self do:
>>              [:cl | (cl isInMemory
>>                      and: [(cl isKindOf: Trait)
>>                      and: [(cl name beginsWith: 'AnObsolete') not]])
>>                              ifTrue: [names add: cl name]].
>>      ^ names
>>
>> and friend
>>

> Yes... #isInMemory is clearly not needed anymore.

Well... it is needed for the swapping out of classes. If we remove #isInMemory,
we should also remove the whole image segment stub mechanism because it becomes
useless without the isInMemory protection.

I would like to keep that working and extract it with the image segments code
into an external package. How to do this cleanly is an interesting question,
though...

Cheers,
Adrian