On Mar 26, 2010, at 11:11 47AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Ahh, with Squeak4.2.3beta1 I get the same as you.
>
> Not perfect, but already better. Any idea how the ugly expanded areas
> can be fixed?
>
> Lukas

If the text background color is consistent, it should be fakeble in image.
Otherwise I'd reckon it requires more BitBlt fixes.

Look at the text in a rotated browser first, that's the result you can expect.
Basic way would be to instead of rendering the text glyphs rotated, render the
glyphs on top of a bitmap of the proper rotated background, then rotate that
opaque bitmap instead.
Not a perfect solution by any means, but it can be done if you're desperate
enough... waiting for VM fixes can take a looooong time :(

Cheers,
Henry