Ian,

I will try what you want.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Piumarta [mailto:i...@vpri.org]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 5:42 AM
To: Schwab,Wilhelm K
Cc: laurent laffont; Pharo-project@lists.gforge.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Vm-dev] Fwd: loading library with FFI fails (was [Pharo-project]
Linux vm: assertions and strategy)

Hi Bill,

On Apr 9, 2010, at 3:24 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> I cannot ignore what was never delivered to me - you might want to
> reconsider your logic in this connection.

My initial assumption appears to be incorrect and so the suggestion I sent not
to be relevant to debugging your problem.  But the original is attached in case
you care.  It seems something between you and me is unreliable in delivery or
in spam detection.

>  You might also note that #moduleName can check the OS, so "it will
> never work on Windows" is just plain wrong.

My mistake.  The Unix moduleName should be 'odbc' unless there's a good reason
for it not to be.

> Later in the day I will revert to your vm and try 'odb'

Recompile from source.  My best attempt at a fix for your issue is in the repo.

> - I will admit to being less than optimistic, especially given what I
> "ignored" - make that never received.

Well now that your mailer likes me, why not try to be happy to work with me to
resolve this rather than assuming my attempts are futile and in vain?

Cheers,
Ian