Hi,

I am trying to get some stuff done with REST using Pharo.
So far, I am able to do GETs, but I am unable to do PUTs because the REST
service expects the content sent to be JSON.
For this to work, I need to set the Content-Type of the request to
'application/json'.
I have successfully installed the CurlPlugin via Gofer (version 25 from dao),
and thanks to John (M. McIntosh), who provided me with a new version of the
bundle for Mac, I was able to pass all the tests, except for the testApiOptions
test, which fails on the timeout: test.
The version John provided me with is 2.0.0. I first tried with version 1.1.0,
but that failed on 13 tests due to a primitive that failed constantly
(<primitive: 'primSetOptLong' module: 'CurlPlugin'>).
 There is a method addHeader: in the plugin, but it does not seem to do
anything useful.

I have found a blog (Jazz Programming) by Giovanni Corriga, who claims to have
a version of the plugin that allows for custom headers to be set, but the link
to his version gives a 304 error. Plus the blog dates from 2007.

Having a version of the CurlPlugin that allows me to set a custom header would
be great, so if anybody has one, please let me know. But what I would really
like to have is a good implementation of the HTTP protocol in Squeak/Pharo, so
that we are not dependent on a plugin. The standard HTTP client in Squeak/Pharo
is based on HttpSocket, and is only a partial implementation of the HTTP
protocol (it only supports GETs as far as I can tell).

Does anyone know of another way to do basic HTTP in Squeak/Pharo?

Regards,

Hein