Indeed, Glamour does not belong to core. But, it could belong to dev :)

Doru

On 3 May 2010, at 22:11, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

+1

Stef

On May 3, 2010, at 9:05 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

But it got loaded when I updated a core 1.1. Is this help system really
part of the Core?

Yes, the help system is now part of the core to help documenting the
system. It's also in Squeak trunk.

I suspect a duplication of effort between Glamour and HelpBrowser.

No, I dont think so. The minimalistic HelpBrowser is too simple
to make it dependent on Glamour. Otherwise you would have to
bring Glamour into core or dev-images and rebase all kinds
of browsers on it (Monticello Browser, Class browser, ...)

The class "HelpBrowser" is like an interface so you can write

HelpBrowser open
HelpBrowser openOn: Integer

and has only the minimal support to display the contents.

We can easily implement a mechanism so that you can register another
custom (enhanced/glamour based) help browser class that is loaded
afterwards.

I already have this in squeaksource/HelpSystem - have to merge
tomorrow.

Bye
T.

www.tudorgirba.com