As Nicolas described, linkedlists certainly have their usecases.

I think you might be blurring cause and effect when using is only used in process handling, as an argument why the easier-to-use, no noticeable performance overhead (but slightly more complex implementation wise) version should be reverted.

Cheers,
Henry