On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/5/17 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianop...@gmail.com>:
> >

> > On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> > <stephane.duca...@inria.fr> wrote:
> >>
> >> check the network problem.
> >> But we can release rc1 anytime now.
> >>

> > No, please. We are not in a RC yet. We should first go as alpha, then
> beta
> > and finally RC.
> > We cannot go in a RC with the first build ever.
> >
> Yes , we can. Its only a conventions, what you calling alpha , beta or RC.
> But sure thing, more testing and packaging won't hurt.

But conventions are important. Listen the name: RELEASE CANDIDATE!

Imagine you are going to download a software which is in RELEASE CANDIDATE
and has a lot of problems and bugs....is not good for marketing.
So...they are just conventions, but they are important. We cannot say this
is a release candidate when we haven't even ever created a PharoDev.

For example, did you test it?   We are not speaking about core.