El lun, 02-08-2010 a las 22:26 +0200, Norbert Hartl escribió:
> Here are some of the things I'm missing:
>
> fulltext search/text retrieval
> - fuzzy search (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Approximate_string_matching)
> - proximity search (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proximity_search_(text))
> - stemming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stemming)
> - faceted search (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faceted_search)
>
> If there were a good support or integration with collections that could ease
> a lot of use cases especially in web environments. At the moment I'm
> serializing objects to XML documents and put this into SOLR
> (http://lucene.apache.org/solr/). Before tsearch2 on postgresql
>
> spatial data services
> ------------------------------
> - quad-tree (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadtree)
> - r-tree (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-tree)
>
> Again nice integration with collections would be very powerful. Spatial data
> are more and more important. There is support for google maps and such but no
> support to store spatial data. Back then I used postGis (on postgresql) for
> that.
>
> authentication frameworks
> --------------------------------------
> - OAuth (http://oauth.net/)

+ 1 to oauth. Now that Cyrpto code is working ok and webclient with
https support exists, should be possible to have this.
this will permit integration with facebook for apps.

> - open-id (http://openid.net/)

There are a simple (incomplete) implementation of this in squeaksource,
I think that was an experiment from Philippe, but it could be supported
to have a complete implementation for smalltalk.

> To ease the authentication of users and web APIs those two mentioned are
> quite important (needs checking)
>
> That are the ones I miss on a regular basis.
>
> hope this helps,
>
> Norbert
>

> On 02.08.2010, at 21:50, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
> > Hi guys
> >
> > with the experience around the XMLRPC project, ESUG wants to change
> > strategy to help growing business at the technical
> > level. So what are the key areas where you think that effort should be
> > supported to help you making business in smalltalk?
> >
> > Stef

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx