Miguel,

I think that this kind of approach makes lots of sense ... I've toyed with the idea of a "white list" of configuration versions, but someone would have to be responsible for maintaining the "white list" and the users would have to responsible for using the "white list" ...

A repository per version is very simple and gives the maintainer flexibility in managing releases.

Dale