---- On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 02:18:19 -0700 Norbert Hartl  wrote ----

>But as I wrote in my description of the problem I would call it
>
>coalesceCDATASections: aBoolean
>
>or
>
>enableCoalescing
>disableCoalescing

The downside of enable/disable pairs is the need for three message (two to
modify, one to test and lazily initialize) rather than two.

>The functionality that is described here is better known as coalescing. And it
>describes better what is going. If a parser is coalescing two things will
>happen. CDATA sections will be read in as text nodes and then subsequent text
>nodes are coalesing into a single text node.
>
>my 2 cents,
>
>Norbert

I think "preserve" is better, if only because "coalesceCData" just implies  a
joining together of CDATA sections and says nothing about their status in the
DOM tree as XMLString or XMLCData nodes. Although I am not wed to it.