On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:19 AM, laurent laffont
<laurent.laff...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Lukas Renggli <reng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Very nice video.
>>
>> Also note that there is a complete AJAX based OmniBrowser view for the
>> web (OB-Web), that brings the complete OB toolset including all
>> refactoring tools to the web for over 4 years now. No web-based
>> development UI really took off in the past decade, so I wonder if this
>> is really what people need?
>
> May be not a full featured IDE. But I used a web code browser for Seaslides
> (see http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/uZxVgeeGwSOMW86-QeHbSQ?feat=directlink
> ) which is basically a WABrowser subclass + Bespin (now Skywriter) so it has
> at least one usage :).
> I've just discovered http://www.ymacs.org/ (demo http://www.ymacs.org/demo/
> ) and it seems a web browser can be a good candidate as a portable IDE.
> It may be easier today to experiment with GUI in a Web Browser than in
> Morphic.
> Laurent Laffont

SeasideXUL (http://code.google.com/p/seasidexul/) is a kind of web GUI
too. Shame on me that I'm not able to move this project on now :-)

This projects show us that more attention should be paid to
OmniBrowser because it is a good framework that enables to build full
IDE on various GUI technologies.

-- Pavel