On 21.01.2011 17:33, Alain Plantec wrote:
-----------------
quickStartSoundSettingOn: aBuilder
<systemsettings>
    (aBuilder setting: #soundQuickStart)
    parent: #soundEnabled;
        label: 'Play sounds immediately if possible' translated;
        target: SoundPlayer
--------------

should do it if you have
SoundPlayer class>>soundQuickStart
SoundPlayer class>>soundQuickStart: aBoolean

Yeah, I found parent: after awhile :D
Must have added it to instance side, and that's why it didn't show up in the settings browser... *blush*
btw:
why this setting ?
If sound is enabled, why would I set this setting to false ?
I guess one always want the sound to start as quick as possible.

Cheers
Alain
Eeeeh, well...
I'm not too familiar with the sound package, but it ends up calling a primitive instead of scheduling the sound. There's code there to schedule instead if the primitive fails, so my guess is it caused crashes some time in the past and a manual method was needed to disable it. I'll could update the comment to "Turn this off if your VM crashes when playing sound", but I have no idea if that's actually the intended case. :)

Cheers,
Henry