On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Dale Henrichs <dhenr...@vmware.com> wrote:

> On 02/15/2011 05:46 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:
>
>> Hi Dale!
>>
>> There are 13 failing tests on the 1.2 dev build since a week ago (
>> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/141/testReport/
>> ).  Do we have the right version?  Do you have any clue so I don't dive
>> in the code blindly? :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Guille
>>

> Ahhhh, It looks the Gofer changes for Issue 3660 have been integrated,
> which means that the sorting order for mcz files has been changed, which
> means that the Metacello tests that are sensitive (or validating) the sort
> order have broken ...
>
> It will be at least a couple of days before I can get these issues fixed I
> have to propogate the gofer fixes to GemStone and Squeak... the normal
> operation of Metacello shouldn't be affected by these failing tests ... the
> test cases involved include examples of mcz files with "incorrect" branch
> naming scheme...
>
> I've created Metacello Issue 108: "Need to update Metacello (tests and
> Gofer config) to integrate changes from Pharo Issue 3660"[1] to track
> progress.
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/metacello/issues/detail?id=108

I've tried to resolve this past two days (yep, not so easy for a first dive
into Metacello :). If I understand:
'GoferBar-lr.branch.1'  should be  'GoferBar.branch-lr.1'

so I've changed this for all packages/branches everywhere
(in MetacelloMonticelloResource, MetacelloConfigurationResource,
GoferResource and tests).

Now a lot of tests are red because in
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>retryingResolvePackageSpecReferences: it
cannot find GoferBar-lr.branch.2
Indeed in MetacelloTestConfigurationOfFoo generated by the tests there's
package: 'GoferBar' with: 'GoferBar-lr.branch.2';

This driving me mad: I cannot find how MetacelloTestConfigurationOfFoo is
generated and when a spec with 'GoferBar-lr.branch.2' is created instead
of 'GoferBar.branch-lr.2'.

Any hint ?

Cheers,

Laurent