Hi,

Lets end this thread quickly - I don't think it warrants a flame war.

I took a hard line on the "toddler" bit as there is a tendency for some, often
new
members in the community to jump to conclusions about what is a pretty elegent
platform (Squeak), and presume oversight or errors by default.
Hence the "bona fide..." bit :)

Further, arguments starting with "...everyone knows X..." is just not a
reasonable
starting point, post Enlightenment and outside theocracies.

Many things about date and time libraries are just not obvious, which is why by
Java 1.2 they already had 6 different date/time classes (if I recall).

A better approach is to enquire as to why  something is the way it is. By
way of example, the loose consensus at the time was to follow the draft
ANSI spec only, rather than pay ANSI to "get our spec back".

Hell, my initials are all over the code, just ask.

Cheers

Brent the Tolerant and Approachable