Hi guys

we need to think about package:

right now we have a new implementation that is fast, robust and supports well a
new generation of tools (glamour, nautilus...).
We are capturing all system events and we would be more or less ready to remove
systemNotifier and use Announcement
instead.
RPackage can live also on the side of PackageInfo for a while but it would be
better to have the shortest possible period of co-existence.

Now one of the problem I see is that we may not have a smooth transition
because:
        - Rpackage does not rely on category tagging matching.
        - It is simpler to have a mapping from current categories to packages
        - Now it means that we could load a package in the system and it would
be turned into several RPackages
        so this means that configuration would have to be adapted.

        - marcus was suggesting me to create a package with the same contents
as the one of loaded by MC.
        and to have tags to only represent categories.

Now my time is short so I will
        - probably not implement tags
        - check again the implementation of RPackage and in particular the
necessary compatibility layer, because I saw some strange
        code.
        - check the MC dependency on method category conventions, because some
logic is not defined in the right place
         like overrides in the MC tools and not in the PackageInfo
        - check how a package gets created when loaded: the key question is
that there is a problem to rely on categories to
        associate classes to packages because we can end up with overlapping
(normally the IDE captures the category renames
        and change the packages accordingly).
        - we should not rely on most-specific-category kind of pattern matching.

So if you have suggestion please talk now.